Open Position: Designer
Small Los Angeles-based real estate development company is currently seeking a Designer to assist with our projects. We are a fast-growing, dynamic, small, laid-back operation that’s passionate about delivering remarkable design within emotionally compelling environments.
We have cultivated a positive, supportive, flexible corporate culture that’s focused on finding and retaining talented, dedicated team members who are interested in actively contributing to that culture. Our firm is in the middle of a growth cycle, and this is a position that has the potential for tremendous growth within the company.
We are currently looking for a designer to support our work in residential development projects. We are looking for a candidate who is proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office Suite. Though we are open to someone with a wide range of skills, initially, we are looking for someone who is able to contribute to our team in the following areas:
– Develop and manage cabinetry and millwork designs and drawings
– Prepare presentation boards (space planning, printing, pricing, and organizing)
– Oversee construction documents (lighting/electrical plans, mechanical/plumbing, elevations, sections and details, etc.)
– Coordinate and manage various tasks alongside company principal
– Follow up with vendors on RFQs, orders, and lead times
– Source bespoke furniture, fabrics, lighting, art, and finishes as needed
– Create detailed FF&E specifications
– Develop schedules for finishing, fixtures, equipment, hardware, etc.
– Handle tracking, ordering, and processing purchase orders and maintaining budgets for multiple vendors and clients
– Attend site meetings with the Principal
– Assist with producing presentation and drawing sets, in coordination with the design team and Principal
We cannot stress this point enough: the two most important factors in our hiring decision will be the candidate’s level of taste, and whether the candidate’s personality fits well within the team. We are open to a very wide range of candidate employment histories, so if you feel as though you could be successful in this position, we encourage you to apply, even if your resumè is unconventional in one way or another.
Logistically, candidates should be based in Los Angeles, though some travel will be involved. This position will be contract-based to start, but could transition to regular part-time or full-time if the fit is right. The base pay will be $25/hour, or up to $30 or more, depending on experience. We are also open to Designers who are building their own businesses, and who might want to show our projects as part of their portfolios in the future. The ideal candidate for this role is highly adaptable and flexible, has impeccable style, and is able to express thoughts and ideas using the structure and design of a physical space.
This opportunity is as big as the candidate would like it to be; there is enormous room for further development of management responsibilities. This position has potential for exponential growth with the company, so if you think you could contribute to that growth, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’re interested in applying, please send a message to email@example.com. We’d like to see your portfolio, which could take several forms (traditional printed/photographic portfolio, Instagram profile, website, collection of PDFs, etc.), along with your resumè and a cover letter that explains why you think you’d be a good fit for this role.
We look forward to hearing from you.